Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 51: Fucking pissed off

If anyone can give me any idea on how I can go about making MARATHON CONSTRUCTION IN BOCA RATON finish my job correctly and on time please enlighten me. Here is my situation so far:


JUNE 2006: we ordered hurricane shutters and impact windows and a slider from MARATHON CONSTRUCTION IN BOCA RATON for around $12k. Since shutters were highly in demand from the busy season the year before they wanted $5k down payment. We were given a timeframe of 10-40 weeks. Take a day off so they can come in and measure the windows and such for ordering the shutters and windows.
10-40 weeks passed and we were still on backorder.

DECEMBER 2006: we get a call for shutter installation. I take another day off for installation. Sure enough they show up. With installation, we have to pay $3k for intial installation, before they do anything. Guess what? they measured 1 shutter wrong and ordered another one with the length and width reversed. Since they dont know what they should do they just leave until the next day. Now my wife has to take a day off for them to come again and figre something out. They install one shutter and then decide its best not to install more since we are also going to replace a slider and some windows. So they leave the extra shutters in my patio.
We are told we should see something in a month, late January.
MONTHS go by and calls back and forth and still nothing.

JUNE 2007: Finally get a date back from them saying the windows are in and they can schedule an install on August 3rd. WE ARE FUCKING ECSTATIC.

AUGUST 2nd 2007: Get a call from MARATHON CONSTRUCTION OF BOCA RATON at 6:30pm, they say that the current job they are working on is going to rollover to our install date. So they tell my wife that they will be there in the afternoon. My wife takes another day off to meet them.

AUGUST 3rd 2007: Wife calls and now we get a different story. Going through the secretary or whoever we find out the guy who installs windows DIDNT WORK THAT DAY. So either they knew he wasnt going to be there or this is a surprise to them. Either way they say because of that they probably wont get to the install today. WTF. When the secretary questioned him on this he said he talked to our daughter about it (you mean my wife). So now they are just dropping off the materials for a Monday install. So now I have to take ANOTHER DAY OFF. And this is before we even get more shutters and have them installed.
So all in all, combined my wife and I have lost a week of work. MARATON CONSTRUCTION OF BOCA RATON has 2/3 of the money we owe them for the work. I have 1 shutter on my house. And I've waited 57 weeks for shutters and windows that were supposed to be done 10-40 weeks after signing the contract. If anyone has any ideas on how to get things accomplished please let me know or let MARATHON CONSTRUCTION OF BOCA RATON know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have convinced me to continue renting for the rest of my life.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem and my job started when yours did. They just filed a lien against my house, despite the fact that the inspection has failed numerous times and I have not received an invoice! They gave me no opportunity to pay the balance due (which is a mere $500 out of the $7300 I owed them).