Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 67: Success!!

I finally got off my ass and lapped my heatsink and cpu. It was pretty daunting considering how top heavy a Tuniq Tower 120 is. However i was pretty nervous and probably sweating while i was lapping the cpu. But it seems to be worth something. After the laps and resetting of the heatsink, i knocked off around 7 degrees Celsius off my temps. And thats before the breakin period. Im pretty happy with the result even though i spilt a little blood in the process.
So for you computer savvy people out there, dont be afraid to try some lapping. You will be amazed how uneven the surface of that IHS and heatsink are.
I would have taken pictures but im pretty impatient and wanted to see the fruits of my labour ASAP. If i ever re-seat the heatsink ill post some.

1 comment:

SolamenteDoug said...

I'll be posting the robot's final construction steps. stay tuned.