Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 47: Comedic Relief

If you are like me, you wished you liked the Simpsons TV show a lot more than you used too. I jumped the bandwagon and left for Family Guy a while ago after the show started heading towards irreverance. Now, not to be totally hypocritical, Family Guy definately is a show with ADD when it comes to plot and overall continuity, but looking at it through the years, its always been like that... plus what more can you expect from a show written by manatees in a think tank?
So as Homer started hurting himself more and more and Family Guy and South Park stayed witty and nostalgic, I left my once loved Simpsons. And so far I haven't missed them... until now.

With much anticipation and high expectations, me and the wives saw the Simpsons movie on Saturday. I have to say, it was nice to see them back in good form.
Overall it was just a good, funny movie. It has a few weak jokes here and there, but the spirit and fun was reminicesnt of the old days. I was satisfied with the outing and hope that the TV series will take something away from this experience.

if i had to some up the movie in 2 words? SPIDER PIG
Go see this movie.

No comments: